As a non-profit organization, we rely 100% on the generous donations of supporters around the world, and the various fundraising efforts within Guatemala and beyond. Every donation makes a difference for the children and families of Las Rosas, Quetzaltenango. There are several ways you can contribute and we’d appreciate any help you can give.
If you choose to help out with a donation, we will of course send you information and updates about the difference you are making. Furthermore, if you decide on sponsoring a specific child or family, you will receive a personal card twice a year and photos from special occasions. Additionally, if you wish to send a personal card to the child or family that you are sponsoring, this is certainly also possible.
- Single donation: It will help pay for afterschool activities, art supplies, children’s snacks and maintenance costs. There is no minimum on this type of donation.
- Recurring general donation: This would be a monthly donation. You decide the amount you wish to donate; it can be as little as USD2.50 or as much as you wish. The money will be spent on afterschool activities, supplies, children’s snacks and maintenance costs.
- Project specific donation: Backpack Project, Afterschool Program or Community Lunch Room. We would be more than happy to discuss with you where your funds would be most needed. Furthermore, we will keep you updated about the difference you make with your donation.
- Sponsor a child or family: Choose to sponsor a specific child or family, either by supporting a child during a school year (or more!), sponsoring a child in the Community Lunch Room project, or providing Family Food Boxes full of supplies – for the children and families.
Click here to read more about the specific sponsor opportunities! To discuss the opportunities further and to design your personal donation, please contact our Development Director firstname.lastname@example.org.
The more technical part of your donation can be arranged in several ways. We work with the following options:
- Bank transfer to our accounts in either Guatemala or The Netherlands (see info below)
- Global Giving crowd funding page
If you have any questions or other ideas for contributing to Caras Alegres, our ears are open, just let us know. And if donating your time is a better fit for you, consider becoming a fundraiser, or coming to Guatemala to volunteer.